Why this course?
In an increasingly complex and ever-changing world, we need braver leaders. Leaders who have the courage to step up, lead change and drive outcomes and to do so with empathy.
The good news? Courage is a learned skill – it’s teachable, measurable and observable.
Based on the work of Dr Brené Brown, this two-day program is your chance to equip you and your team with the courage-building skills they need to excel in today’s world.
Is this course for you?
Do you want to:
- Be a braver and more courageous leader?
- Build a courageous and resilient culture?
- Create an environment that supports innovation, creativity and change?
- Accelerate you and your team’s development and performance?
If so, then this is your chance to embrace the steps towards courageous leadership.
This program is jointly run by Julia van Graas (Co-founder, Spiique – www.spiique.com) and Michelle Gibbings, who are both Certified Dare to Lead™ facilitators.
Benefits of the course
You’ll walk away from the two-days inspired to think and act differently:
- Understand why vulnerability (uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure) is the foundational skill set of courage
- Recognise that vulnerability is the birthplace of many of the behaviors that define daring leadership including creativity, accountability, and difficult conversations.
- Understand the critical role that self-awareness plays in daring leadership
- Understand that it’s armour – not fear – that is the greatest obstacle to daring leadership.
- Know that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are measurable, observable, and teachable, and be able to put them into practice
- Identify the four skill sets that make up courage and how to use them effectively: rumbling with vulnerability, living into our values, BRAVING trust, and learning to rise.
- Recognise that daring leadership requires showing up for hard conversations and rumbles, including giving and receiving feedback.
Our promise to you – if you don’t find the course worthwhile, then we will refund the cost of the course.
Course participants receive
- Two days of training – packed with activities, case studies, latest ideas and research, and practical tools that can be applied at work
- Dare to Lead™ workbook and materials
- Copy of Brené Brown’s book, Dare to Lead
- On completion of the 2 days, Certificate as Dare to Lead™ Participant Trained
- Full catering throughout the two days
- Reading list, resources and activities for further learning
- Access to ongoing material and learning ideas post the session
Both Michelle and Julia have extensive experience facilitating leadership teams, peer teams and in tact organisational teams through complex change and leadership development. Part of the first global cohort to become Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitators, they have partnered together to support organisations wanting to build brave leaders and sustainable organisations.
Dates: Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th September 2019
Location: Dialogue – Melbourne, 50 Lonsdale, Melbourne Vic 3000
Dates: Thursday 12th and Friday 13th September 2019
Location: Fraser Suites, 488 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Further details: program brochure
- Early bird rate – book and pay before Friday 2 August 2019 – and pay only $1,880 inc GST (Use code: earlybird-daretolead).
- Group discount (4 people or more) – and pay only $1,670 inc GST per person (Use code: groupdiscount-daretolead).
- Standard rate – $2,090 inc GST.
Our promise – if you don’t find the course worthwhile, then we will refund the cost of the course.