Why this course?
In an increasingly complex and ever-changing world, we need braver leaders. Leaders who have the courage to step up, lead change and drive outcomes and to do so with empathy.
The good news? Courage is a learned skill – it’s teachable, measurable and observable.
Based on the work of Dr Brené Brown, this two-day program is your chance to equip you and your team with the courage-building skills they need to excel in today’s world.
Is this course for you?
Do you want to:
- Be a braver and more courageous leader?
- Build a courageous and resilient culture?
- Create an environment that supports innovation, creativity and change?
- Accelerate you and your team’s development and performance?
If so, then this is your chance to embrace the steps towards courageous leadership.
This program is jointly run by Julia van Graas (Co-founder, Spiique – www.spiique.com) and Michelle Gibbings, who are both Certified Dare to Lead™ facilitators.
Benefits of the course
You’ll walk away from the two-days inspired to think and act differently:
- Understand why vulnerability (uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure) is the foundational skill set of courage
- Recognise that vulnerability is the birthplace of many of the behaviors that define daring leadership including creativity, accountability, and difficult conversations.
- Understand the critical role that self-awareness plays in daring leadership
- Understand that it’s armour – not fear – that is the greatest obstacle to daring leadership.
- Know that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are measurable, observable, and teachable, and be able to put them into practice
- Identify the four skill sets that make up courage and how to use them effectively: rumbling with vulnerability, living into our values, BRAVING trust, and learning to rise.
- Recognise that daring leadership requires showing up for hard conversations and rumbles, including giving and receiving feedback.
Our promise to you – if you don’t find the course worthwhile, then we will refund the cost of the course.
Course participants receive
- Two days of training – packed with activities, case studies, latest ideas and research, and practical tools that can be applied at work
- Dare to Lead™ workbook and materials
- Copy of Brené Brown’s book, Dare to Lead
- On completion of the 2 days, Certificate as Dare to Lead™ Participant Trained
- Full catering throughout the two days
- Reading list, resources and activities for further learning
- Access to ongoing material and learning ideas post the session
Both Michelle and Julia have extensive experience facilitating leadership teams, peer teams and in tact organisational teams through complex change and leadership development. Part of the first global cohort to become Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitators, they have partnered together to support organisations wanting to build brave leaders and sustainable organisations.
Dates: Thursday 21 and Friday 22 November, 2019
Location: Dialogue (Melbourne), 1st Floor, 50 Lonsdale, Melbourne
Further details: program brochure
- Group discount (4 people or more) – and pay only $1,670 inc GST per person (Use code: groupdiscount-daretolead).
- Standard rate – $2,090 inc GST.
Our promise – if you don’t find the course worthwhile, then we will refund the cost of the course.
Praise for the Dare to Lead™ program
“This program is life changing. The content is powerful and is something every leader would benefit from on their journey to being a better leader and a better human.”
Judy Greenslade, Group Head of People, Panthera Finance
“A wonderful opportunity to think about leadership and how we can all become better leaders.”
Liza Allen, Dean, Dunmore Lang College
“Learning about the armour I am putting on and how that is inhibiting our conversations with my team is going to be so helpful in supporting them better.”
Alex Miller, Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia
“Great course for anyone looking to build their leadership kit out further. Recognising armoured leadership habits and how you can change them was my biggest take out to take back to my team.”
Jo Sales, Rabobank
“Michelle and Julia have well executed the Dare to Lead™ program! The two days were well structured – worth taking the time out from the office. ‘Learning to Rise’ is something I shall practise everyday. Thank you!”
Reshma Gandhi, Senior Change Manager, Westpac
“The Dare to Lead™ program was exceptional. We were all engaged throughout the entire two days and are leaving with lots of tangible tools to take back to work. Thank you!”
Linda Murray, Speaker, Trainer and Executive Coach, Athena Leadership
“The course was very well structured and it really challenged my thinking on what it means to be vulnerable at work. I learnt the link between vulnerability and courage, what it means to be empathetic versus sympathetic and why being in the arena is what matters most.”
Ama Aidoo-Sam, Strategic Procurement Manager, Canon Australia
“Michelle and Julia led an engaging two days and provided interesting and practical tips on Brené Brown’s learnings to take back to work. Great personal growth too.”
Leanne Bridges, Manager, Community Engagement, Cycleways and Streetscapes, City of Sydney
“This is a must for everyone who considers themselves to be a leader. It will challenge you, but you will come out the other side more vulnerable, yet strong and better equipped for anything that comes your way.”
Melissa Clohesy, Chief Financial Officer, Dunmore Lang College
“I really enjoyed this course. It provided me with an opportunity to explore some pretty raw emotions which I think will help me be a better leader.”
Kelly Mitchell, Employee Experience Lead, Tabcorp Holdings Ltd
“I was initially put off by the whole vulnerability and shame research this course was built on but getting through that I have found this training very insightful and thought provoking.”
Tony Graham, Delivery Lead, Tabcorp Holdings Ltd
“Courageous course – get ready to get deep in reflection and rumble with your vulnerability.”
Emma Smith, Culture & People Partner, Woolworths
“Dare to Lead is a great way to build further self awareness as part of a journey to being a true leader”
Simon Vertullo, Operating Partner, Spiique
“This course has changed the way I think about leading people. Practical insights into how to think about and prepare for tough conversations.”
Jarrod Harrington, Head of Technology – Delivery & Transformation, Tabcorp Holdings Ltd
“A good opportunity to step off the ferris wheel, learn some self-awareness and skills to take back into the workforce.”
Christine Beach, Human Resources Manager, South Waikato District Council, New Zealand
“Learning how to identify areas where I can improve my leadership skills to better engage with my team and the shields I unknowingly put up that is impeding this and how to overcome them.”
Lee Mariu, Infrastructure Design Lead, Tabcorp Holdings Ltd
“An inspirational course that teaches us how our armour holds us back from being great leaders.”
Shon Bester, Delivery Manager, Tabcorp Holdings Ltd
“This was great time to reflect on my feelings, behaviour and values and understand how they affect my work and home life. Michelle and Julia did a great job of facilitating this process by also injecting some real work experiences.”
John Ginerva, Team Leader – Shared Data Services, Tabcorp Holdings Ltd
“Many insights about self which will go a long way for personal / professional development. It was an engaging and inspiring workshop.”
Alison Aqulinia, Project Change Communications Consultant, Hesta
“It was a great course that immersed us into insights and well researched learnings. It is helpful to go deep with Brené Brown’s theory and to connect dots on how this may help me and my organisation evolve.”
Tina Brunet, Service Designer – Employment, Vision Australia
“Very interesting content that provides you with practical tools to take back into your workplace that will drive staff engagement and fulfillment.”
Kynan West, Partner, MiFi
“Michelle and Julia are great facilitators of the content.”
Campbell King, Partner, MiFi
“I have led organisations through radical transformation in the face of adversity while under intense scrutiny. I wish I knew then what I know now. This course is essential for leaders who want to make a difference.”
David Hewish, Co-founder, Spiique