Event Date: May 30, 2017
Venue: Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
I am speaking on: Want to be more influential? Move beyond the technical
To be successful, project professionals need to move beyond a technical approach to their role to a behavioural focus. They need to be equipped with the skills to motivate behavioural change, manage stakeholders and negotiate important business decisions. In short, they need to be able to influence.This is critical as leaders today are expected to successfully lead in complex and ambiguous environments, get traction fast, and get changes to stick – easily and quickly. In this presentation, I will share insights into how to master this critical technique.
The session will cover how to:
- Identify the impact your mindset is having on the negotiation process and your resolve to see it through
- Know the key steps to take before, during and after a negotiation to help ensure success
- Make conscious and deliberate choices fully aware of the trade-offs, risks and opportunities involved
- Maintain your ‘no’ in the face of opposition and be gracious when giving ground
- Take the long term view with stakeholders and colleagues during difficult negotiations.
For the full program, and to register, head to the PMI Australia Conference website