Thanks to Amber Daines and her podcast “The Politics of Everything” Michelle and Amber discuss how you can you challenge your thinking and shift perspective to make relationships work.
At one time or another we’ve all had a bad boss – whether it’s through bullying and intimidation, unfair feedback or unrealistic workloads. Their behaviour sets the tone for what’s acceptable in an organisation and can cause major issues for productivity, staff turnover and wellbeing, especially during difficult times like we’re experiencing now. In a tough or toxic work environment, how can you challenge your thinking and shift perspective to make relationships work?
Amber and Michelle discuss:
- Has the pandemic and The Great Resignation trend meant less willingness to accept a bad boss?
- Does remote or hybrid work shift the ways the “bad boss” dynamic operates and make it easier or harder to shift for those relationships?
- How can an employee improve their own voice and action change in a toxic workplace?
- How do you know if you are a bad boss in 2022?
- How can a business make sure that having an eye on simply creating profits and outputs are not the key to their management success?
- Take away: What is your final takeaway message for us on The Politics of Bad Bosses?