Giving back is not just about making a donation. It is about making a sustainable difference and finding ways to contribute to our global community.
We live in an ever-changing world with lots of challenges, and yet, the best of humanity is when we all come together and work for a common cause.
We can all contribute to positive change, and Michelle is passionate about playing her part.
Every year, Michelle and her company donate a percentage of profits to not-for-profit organisations around the world. Deciding on who to support is determined by selecting a range of organisations from different quarters of the globe that do amazing work.
- Animal welfare - Because all animals deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. With many species disappearing at an alarming rate through natural disasters and our impact on the planet, we truly need to do more.
- Planet Earth - It’s simple, if we don’t take responsibility for the planet that we live on, then who will?
- Education - Education fosters success. It is the key to helping break the poverty cycle and to giving people a hand up to be the best that they can be.
- Health - It is our basic human right to be adequately cared for and looked after, especially in war-ravaged countries where support is needed the most.
Based on these areas of interest, the three not-for-profit organisations Michelle currently supports are:
The Smith Family
The Smith Family - A national, independent children's charity helping disadvantaged Australians and children to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
World Wide Fund (WWF)
World Wide Fund (WWF) is one of Australia’s most trusted conservation organisations who work in Australia and in the Asia-Pacific to protect endangered species and habitats, meet the challenge of climate change, and build a world where people live in harmony with nature.
Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) - An international humanitarian medical non-governmental organisation of French origin best known for its projects in conflict zones and in countries affected by endemic diseases.
Modern Slavery Policy
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of human rights. Change Meridian (which commonly trades under the Michelle Gibbings brand) has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery, and we are committed to acting in line with our organisation values.
Change Meridian is committed to:
- Ensuring the risk of modern slavery practices within its operations is understood and addressed in accordance with relevant principles and legislation
- Eliminating the potential for modern slavery practices in its operations and supply chain through robust frameworks and suitable processes
- Complying with the labour rights standards, legislation and statutory requirements in Australia
- Acting ethically and with integrity
Please read our full statement that outlines the actions we are taking to minimise the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain.